Improving safety and strengthening data recording
capabilities with a high-performance mobile vision system
Innodisk together with a client designed a 360-degree mobile vision system that improves safety and collects ample evidence in the event of any incidents.
A waste management company in Australia reached out to Innodisk to get assistance on a mobile vision system project for their garbage trucks. The client wished to improve security, reduce accidents, and enable vehicles to collect more evidence that could be used in the event of incidents being reported.
The client’s trucks were equipped with up to five cameras and high-performance, small form factor flash storage solutions to allow 360-degree vision and continuous video recording. The new system recorded video on an approximately month-long continuous loop, providing ample evidence in case of any accidents or reported incidents. Moreover, object detection capabilities further helped improve vehicle safety and reduce the risk for accidents.
We at Innodisk believe that through cooperation, we can overcome any challenge. By maintaining an active line of communication from inquiry to implementation, we ensure a tailor-made solution that fits your application. We are committed to innovation with our continual focus on hardware, firmware, and software integration.
- Driver blind spots around the truck increase the risk for accidents
- Some local residents have complained that garbage trucks have been causing property damage, e.g., causing scratches to parked cars
- 360-degree high-definition video recordings require ample performance and storage capacity
- Advanced on-board monitoring platform with a Jetson TX2 module that seamlessly handles 360-degree video recording
- SSD storage solution optimized for recording purposes that mitigates the risk of frame loss and interruptions