High-performance Memory for Autonomous Delivery Robots
Marble, a manufacturer of autonomous delivery robots, partnered with Innodisk for a high-performance DRAM solution that satisfied their AIoT requirements.
Marble is a California-based startup that designs and manufactures autonomous vehicles. Their newest lineup of autonomous delivery robots is already busy delivering all kinds of goods in an environmentally-friendly and innovative fashion. The robots employ a host of sensors that gather data from the environment and analyzes this data in real time. These capabilities allow the robot to interact with its environment and make split-second decisions.
During the design process, the Marble engineering team opted for industrial-grade hardware and components to realize this AIoT application. The onboard sensors and computational workload also called for high-performance and high-capacity memory. Innodisk met both requirements in a compact and easily-integrated solution.
Marble is an exciting startup with big dreams. Their autonomous robot is the first step in their plan to offer widespread, affordable, environmentally-friendly, and reliable delivery. They are passionate about using cutting-edge technology as an answer to the logistical challenges of our modern-day society. In partnership with Innodisk, they have found memory and storage that fulfill the needs of AI applications in IoT environments.
We at Innodisk believe that through cooperation, we can overcome any challenge. By maintaining an active line of communication from inquiry to implementation, we ensure a tailor-made solution that fits your application. We are committed to innovation with our continual focus on hardware, firmware, and software integration.
- Heavy workload: Real-time computing is heavy work, and sufficient memory is essential.
- Harsh environmental conditions: Working outside can be tough on a robot, and the components have to handle changing weather conditions as well as shock and vibration.
- Space constraints: Saving space is key to reducing both weight and bulk size.
- High performance and capacity: Innodisk provided memory modules that delivered the needed performance to handle the robot’s onboard computations.
- Industrial-grade solution: Innodisk DRAM is designed to handle the hardships of edge applications.
- Compact form factor: The small-sized SO-DIMM form actor was a perfect fit for a robot needing to save space.
- 4 x small form factor SODIMM per robot
- 16GB of capacity
- DDR4 2400MT/s transfer speed
- Optimized for industrial embedded applications