Increasing operational efficiency and reducing the costs of
operating garbage collection services
Innodisk, with subsidiary Antzer, delivered a 360-degree AIoT solution that addressed the city council’s concerns over garbage collection and helped reduce costs incurred on the public by a vital city service.
A city council initiated a project to improve garbage collection service in terms of on-time performance and trash pickup accuracy, driver behavior during operations, and garbage truck conditions. To bring this IoV vision to reality, the city council needed rugged components ready for a harsh and challenging working environment.
Innodisk’s memory and storage solutions could easily handle the tough conditions imposed by the garbage trucks’ hydraulic systems. Antzer’s CAN tracker module easily tracked exact vehicle whereabouts when a GPS signal was not available and helped send alerts to drivers to halt collection when necessary. Furthermore, iCAP assisted with planning, suggesting better routes, and brought operators’ attention to abnormal driver behavior.
We at Innodisk believe that through cooperation, we can overcome any challenge. By maintaining an active line of communication from inquiry to implementation, we ensure a tailor-made solution that fits your application. We are committed to innovation with our continual focus on hardware, firmware, and software integration.
- The garbage trucks use a hydraulic system that operates at high temperatures, which could easily cause premature component failure and impair performance
- Truck drivers may not follow the planned route, and the GPS signal can disappear in tunnels and high-rise buildings
- Overloading the trucks with too much trash causes motors to deteriorate at a faster rate
- Cutting overall operation costs by 20% by exerting tight control of routes and pickup times
- Innodisk wide-temperature SSD and DRAM components with conformal coating
- Antzer tracker module with CAN-ADR tracking system
- Antzer tracker module with CAN to obtain car weight and tire pressure
- iCAP remote control system