Making a city’s future brighter with rugged and smart
AIoT technology on the edge
Innodisk, with subsidiary Aetina, delivered a rugged AIoT solution that addressed the city’s need for smart infrastructure and AI on the edge.
A mayor wanted to implement a smart street lighting system to increase energy efficiency and decrease carbon emissions in the city. The street lights would also provide the backbone infrastructure for other smart city services and applications for improving public safety, traffic management, and environmental monitoring.
Wide-temperature storage and DRAM with conformal coating provided protection against the harsh conditions the smart lights face year-round. Aetina’s AI platform provided the data analytics necessary to interpret the surrounding traffic situation, with Innodisk’s iCAP monitoring platform making maintenance and monitoring completely seamless.
We at Innodisk believe that through cooperation, we can overcome any challenge. By maintaining an active line of communication from inquiry to implementation, we ensure a tailor-made solution that fits your application. We are committed to innovation with our continual focus on hardware, firmware, and software integration.
- The smart lighting system needs to endure harsh weather conditions like snow, hurricanes, and hail
- The system needs to detect traffic accidents and trigger video recording instantly
- Law enforcement is currently struggling to catch perpetrators of hit-and-runs
- System operators will be required to keep tabs on thousands of street lamps and their status
- Rugged SO-DIMM DRAM
- mSATA SSD for constricted space in the lighting enclosure
- Aetina’s Jetson Nano platform to instantly recognize abnormal traffic events and alert police promptly
- Seamlessly monitoring the status of each device using the iCAP dashboard