Bringing a produce logistics company to the forefront of
technology with AIoT and machine vision
Innodisk, with subsidiary Aetina, delivered a rugged industry-optimized solution that increased operational efficiency and reduced costly downtime through AIoT and machine vision technologies.
A produce logistics company with more than 100 years of history is processing tons of produce from more than 100 farmers on a daily basis. The newly appointed IT leader was tasked with upgrading the company’s century-old processing system. One of the IT leader’s main requirements was that the system should have the flexibility to accommodate all kinds of produce packaging and shipping requirements from different retailers.
Rugged modules from Innodisk Group ensured protection from moist, dust, heat, and sulfuration. The new system used light-beam sensors and barcode scanners to detect incorrect routing or missing boxes. The scanners, equipped with global shutter CMOS cameras, could capture images at 20 frames per second. Lastly, thanks to the implementation of iCAP, any issues identified with box size, count, and label conditions would trigger an instant alert to on-site staff.
We at Innodisk believe that through cooperation, we can overcome any challenge. By maintaining an active line of communication from inquiry to implementation, we ensure a tailor-made solution that fits your application. We are committed to innovation with our continual focus on hardware, firmware, and software integration.
- Environmental and rust concerns: high humidity, extreme temperature changes, sulfur, and sand particles in the system’s operating environment
- Uneven placement of barcode stickers causes them not to be scanned properly, requiring frequent manual inspection by staff members
- Any stop of the conveyor belts will cause considerable downtime and slow down packing and logistics, delaying tons of fruits that require packing
- Innodisk’s wide-temperature DDR4 DRAM with conformal coating and side fill technologies
- Machine vision system: Aetina’s Jetson GPU module with an integrated washdown-rated CMOS camera
- Machine vision algorithm with support of up to 30 types of barcode reading standards and barcode printing qualities
- iCAP dashboard for real-time monitoring