Ensuring that a smart factory’s robots can operate
smoothly and securely in tough and diverse industrial environments
Innodisk worked with a client to deliver a 360-degree solution to their “all-in-one” robotic system’s need for rugged and highly secure technology and seamless monitoring.
A client wanted to strengthen the ruggedness and security of their “all-in-one” robotic system designed for use in smart factories. Engineered to accomplish various tasks, including screw driving, dispensing, soldering, palletizing, assembly, etc., this highly adaptable autonomous robot system needed components and technology optimized for operation in diverse industrial environments. Further, the client needed intelligent software solutions for seamless monitoring of its equipment while also maintaining the highest level of data security.
With Innodisk’s rugged and compact components, the robotic system gained much-needed protection from its tough working conditions without any impact on its size. Moreover, Innodisk’s customized firmware helped mitigate the effects from unstable power supply, further strengthening the robots’ operational stability. To fully address the client’s needs, smart software solutions optimized for remote management and monitoring were also implemented—reducing the cost and manpower needed to operate the intelligent robotic system. All this, combined with Innodisk’s security-focused hardware and software solutions, delivered a highly capable and secure solution ready for action.
We at Innodisk believe that through cooperation, we can overcome any challenge. By maintaining an active line of communication from inquiry to implementation, we ensure a tailor-made solution that fits your application. We are committed to innovation with our continual focus on hardware, firmware, and software integration.
- Required to withstand harsh and diverse environments, e.g., high temperatures, high humidity, and vibrations
- Robotic system needed to be able to resume operations even after encountering unstable power supply
- Limited space for components inside the robot
- Client expressed concerns over cyber security threats posed to its robotic applications
- High sensitivity to unexpected system crashes as such occurrences cause a stop to the entire manufacturing line
- Components with Innodisk’s signature wide temperature, conformal coating, and side fill technologies
- iCell technology to protect against unexpected power failure
- iOpal software technology and AES-256 encryption to protect data
- iSMART and iCAP software suites for effective and cost-efficient device monitoring
- Very low-profile (VLP) form factors and customized modules to ensure a small hardware footprint and a perfect fit