Making sure that a smart city stays bright even if there is a power outage
Innodisk helped bring a smart infrastructure system for a smart city project to reality with rugged hardware and smart software solutions.
A system integrator in Singapore is working with a government agency on a smart street light project and is tasked with designing battery-equipped smart outdoor uninterruptible power supply (UPS) units. The UPS are intended to be attached to the smart street lights, providing emergency power in the event of a power outage.
Innodisk provided a comprehensive combined hardware and software solution that solved the challenges faced by the client’s UPS solution, and thereby making the new smart light system ready for deployment. By combining Innodisk’s signature ruggedness with its sophisticated monitoring software platform, Innodisk was able to provide a solution that reduced downtime and ensured the new smart light system’s longevity.
We at Innodisk believe that through cooperation, we can overcome any challenge. By maintaining an active line of communication from inquiry to implementation, we ensure a tailor-made solution that fits your application. We are committed to innovation with our continual focus on hardware, firmware, and software integration.
- The UPS would have to face hot and humid outdoor environments as well as withstand heightened particle levels and pollution
- UPS require efficient monitoring due to the need for frequent maintenance work on account of environmentally exposed batteries and a security-first approach to the system
- Rugged DDR3 SODIMM DRAM modules designed for wide-temperature use
- mSATA SSD that fits in the limited space of the application
- iCAP cloud monitoring platform for remote device management and maintenance of the UPS devices and their components